We treat European chafers in Macomb, Chesterfield, Shelby, and nearby areas in Michigan.
Protect your lawn against European chafers with our preventative and curative treatments.
European chafers are small beetles that look very similar to brown June beetles. They are common lawn pests that can infest your lawn throughout the year. They feed on the roots of grass from August to November and again from March to May. You can protect your lawn against these pests by scheduling our preventative grub control treatment in early March and early August. You can also schedule our curative treatments anytime if you missed the window of prevention.
Once you've gotten rid of these pests, your lawn could use some help recovering from their damage. Our fertilization, aeration, and overseeding services can restore your lawn to health. We offer our services in the Macomb, MI area, as well as other areas such as Chesterfield and Shelby.
Protect your lawn from European chafers with our preventative and curative treatments.
European chafers are beetles, and beetles lay larvae that eventually hatch into grubs. Both the adult European chafers as well as their grubs will munch away the roots of your grass. They can cause your grass to weaken or turn brown in certain areas, and can even kill your lawn entirely if left unchecked. You can prevent or stop their damage with our European chafer treatment services. When you sign up, we will deal with these pests using one of two methods:
- Our Preventative treatment will stop European chafer larvae before they have a chance to hatch. Our premium insecticide is designed to penetrate the soil and efficiently kill off their eggs so that you don't end up with a grub problem.
- Our Curative treatment is the most effective way to destroy grubs after they have already hatched and invaded your lawn. When we spray your lawn with our insecticide, it will begin killing the grubs within minutes.
When should you sign up for our European chafer treatment?
European chafers can infest your lawn throughout the year. They feed on grass roots from August to November and again from March to May. To curb their damage, you can sign up for our preventative grub control treatment twice per year in early March and in early August. If you missed the window of prevention, you can schedule our curative treatments at any time.
To protect your home or business against other lawn pests, you can sign up for our perimeter pest control services.
Fertilization, aeration, and overseeding can nurse your lawn back to health.
After you've evicted the European chafers from your lawn, the damage will still be there. We offer some services that can nurse your lawn to health, and they include our fertilization, aeration, and overseeding services. Here's how each of these can improve the health of your lawn:
- Fertilization: Our fertilizer is balanced with nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium, and will begin healing your brown and unhealthy turf. It will also help improve your turf's root system and strengthen it to fight against European chafer damage in the future.
- Aeration: Our aeration service will improve nutrient flow to your turf. We remove tiny cores of dirt using an aerator so that water, sunlight, and other nutrients can flow through much easier and aid your grass in steady recovery.
- Overseeding: Our overseeding service pairs well with aeration. We can scatter grass seed on your lawn so that new grass can begin growing to fill in any bare or patchy areas.
Call us to eliminate European chafers on your lawn!
At Big Lakes Lawncare, we offer treatments that destroy common lawn grubs like European chafers and more. Our services are available in Macomb, Chesterfield, Shelby, and surrounding areas in Michigan. To eliminate these pests from your lawn and restore it to health, call us today at (586) 200-0855 to schedule our services!